Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Exploring Social Media



http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a7/Web_2.0_Map.svg(accessed March 4, 2010)

Social software encompasses a range of software systems that allow users to interact and share data.  This computer-mediated communication has become very popular with social sites namely MySpace and Facebook, media sites like Flickr and YouTube as well as commercial sites like Amazon.com and eBay.



(accessed March 4, 2010)




(accessed March 4, 2010)

I have chosen Blogger to display my project after reviewing and testing a number of Web 2.0 Technologies.  Blogger is a flexible and very user-friendly blog storage service which allows me to share my thoughts, photos and the project with my friends, also FOAF.  I tried to use Xanga beforehand, however, when I discovered that it does not show visitors the original sizes of the pictures and restricted the amount of pictures posted and number of text per post, I turned my back to Xanga. 


I made an attempt on






http://n6923968.xanga.com (accessed March 4, 2010)




Web 2.0 technology/any kind of social media combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic.  The ability of readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs.  So....please leave comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment