Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Project 1 Part C : Application - Requirements + Outputs


In Part C, I will design a Cabin for my Exemplar Architect - Kengo Kuma.
The Cabin is located in an imaginary ideal architectural location on Mount Methodology near Charrette City, where an available small site is located within a group of existing exemplary houses.  Indeed, my Cabin proposal will be the latest addition to this architectural location.  The Cabin incorporates all the necessary studio and workplaces for my Exemplar Architect - Kengo Kuma, as well as living accommodation.
Moreover, the size and arrangement of the spaces is reflecting the lessons that I have learnt through studying my Exemplar Architect/Practice namely Kengo Kuma & Associates (Bamboo Wall House), Donovan Hill (C House), and James Russell Architect (Brookes Street House) and their House Design in Part A and B.  My Cabin is  75min total for internal enclosed space.  Also, a  36m covered external space is provided in addition.  This Cabin design is reflecting the unique utopian architectural location and the local environmental influences. 


Site plan of Urban Utopia.

Moreover, my cabin design will include the following spaces :
  • space for living;
  • space for working;
  • space for reflecting;
  • space for dining;
  • space for preparing meals;
  • space for sleeping; and 
  • space for abluting.
My proposed Cabin is designed to accommodate my Exemplar Architect and his partner only - no additional accommodation for other members of the family or friends is to be provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment